Join the Bash at The Flash
Another succesful event at The Flash with a range of sailors from juniors to adults competing to make a great day for everyone we had the model boat race first then Barts with many sailors staying on for the afternoon races,let’smake next year a party.
Sign up now or enter your name in the clubhouse let’s see if we can beat last years sailors on the water
If we have all the junior squad attend either as helm or crew along with adult members then we would easily beat last years 23 boats.
Gresford Sailing Club Barts Bash details
Gresford Sailing Club
Bart’s Bash at Gresford Sailing Club
Race Starts 13:00 Sunday 20 September 2015
Bart’s Bash is a global sailing race and fundraising event at your local sailing club. The event will join together thousands of worldwide sailors in a race to set a new Guinness World Record, raise money for charity, inspire the next generation and remember Andrew ‘Bart’ Simpson, Gold & Silver Olympic medallist and America’s Cup sailor.
Last year’s event was very successful for Gresford SC with 23 boats racing in the morning, then people staying to join the afternoon races.
This year’s Bart’s Bash Race will start at 13:00
• We aim to have over 25 boats on the water participating this year.
• The race will be open to all classes up to 16’ long.
• Results will be included in the world wide event.
• The Bart’s Bash race will be followed by 3 President’s Plate races from 14:00 onwards
Raising Money for Charity
Entry fee is £5 per boat which will be passed onto The Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundationcharity.
Inspiring the Next Generation
In addition to our experienced sailors we are inviting all our Friday Night Junior Sailors and Gresford School Sailors to join us for this event.
• We would like our least experienced sailors (adult beginners and juniors) to have the chance to crew for more experienced sailors.
• Our top group of Junior Sailors will be racing in Lasers, Toppers and Fevers
• Our middle group of Junior Sailors are now practicing racing in Opies ready for the event.
• Bring a friend, the friend you have suggested coming sailing but never quite fixed a date.
A Fun Day for all the family
• A day to bring a picnic / enjoy Nick’s Hot Dog stand.
• Adult Beginners sailing / Crewing opportunities
For more details of Bart’s Bash see the web site:-http://www.bartsbash.co.uk/
Or contact GSC’s Bart’s Bash “organiser Chris J via either gresfordsc@gmail or firstname.lastname@example.org